8.19.2013

My 100th Straight Razor Shave

Clearly I have been quiet on this blog for some time. Nevertheless, my straight razor shaving endeavors continue with the same fervor as always. In fact, today I reached an admittedly arbitrary milestone: my 100th straight razor shave.

Insert Unnecessary Logo Here



Recognizing such a milestone implies that I have actually been counting the number of shaves, and sadly, yes I have. When I first dove into the world of straight razors, time and time again I came across online forums stating that it takes about 100 shaves with a straight razor before you become fully comfortable and proficient. I would say I have felt the same in terms of comfort and ability for quite some time now, but I still wanted to recognize this momentous occasion with a simple blog post.

To that end, I am really enjoying shaving with a straight razor. I still remember my first shave on January 6, 2013 (yes, I recalled that date from memory) and how arduous and long (90 minutes) the experience was. Thankfully, I have come a long way. Total shave time (preparation, stropping, shaving, clean-up) still hovers around 20 minutes, but I have learned to accept that reality and am okay with it.

Oh, and I no longer plan to count the number of shaves.

2 comments:

  1. And I am so proud of you for sticking with it! You are a gentleman in the truest sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always on the look out for great shavers. I will give this one a try. Thanks!

    merkur double edge razor

    ReplyDelete